Sunday, January 15, 2012

EPISODE ALERT: Insomnia

Sleep is a good idea. But there have been more days than not that I have not slept. Why? I know if I lie down, I would fall asleep, eventually. My business is social media and I "man" several Facebook Fan Pages and Twitter accounts. I rationalize that at any moment, someone will interact with me. Does that say I am "addicted" to social media and insomnia is the culprit?

Scientists say to get 6-8 hours of sleep. Generally sleep at night before midnight and arise at reasonable morning hours, before 8 AM. Do not ask me my times of sleep. The scientists say that sleeping the way I do often causes sleep deprivation. I know I have it and that making up back to 6-8 hours cannot be done. In fact there are major health concerns. It has something to do with Circadian Rhythm.

I do not want to take any sleep medications. I think taking sleep agents would worsen my issues with mental health. I just cannot handle it.

Look at the time of this post...