Friday, March 8, 2013

WOMEN'S DAY: Oddly enough... Despite everything... I found what makes me happy



If you follow this blog and you have read about me, I have a PhD in molecular genetics. I have done research on genetically modified mice to understand the genetics of cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes and aging. I have published papers on that research. My last research article was published in 2008.

Then due to a lot of things, one causing a disability of the work, I had to leave research. I love science. I love the pursuit of finding the answer. I love a puzzle and then building a story around it. When I am blocked, I am immobilized. This is not what happened. What happened is 1) I may have a seizure disorder that makes me sick, and when stressed it is worse; and 2) I was forced to do something unethical or I would lose my job. I did it and I wound up being laid off anyway. I decided not to pursue action because I was tired of the University of Washington Medical School politics.

But don't get me started.

Anyhow, I said to myself, that if I EVER get the chance to join a trend at its infancy, I was going to pounce on it as enjoy myself.

Well, I have...

I found Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. I can do some minor coding, nothing extensive. But my content management is awesome. I can say some wild stuff. I get into "debates" and sometimes all out arguments on all kinds of things.

I don't hunt down individuals because that is called "cyberbullying" despite what my haters would say. Oh yes, according to them, I am one. I could see, if I posted, everyday with all my friends to purposely bash them and make them feel humiliated and idiotic everyday, but that is actually a waste of my time. Why take down a troll when blocking or banning them is so easy?

Moreover, there are rules that one can develop when "your own page" or "your turf" is being attacked on social media... (Irony: it's the social media proprietor's turf anyway).


  • You can have a "3 strikes and you are out" rule - troll 3 times = ban/block
  • You can talk to them to see how the issue can be resolved = that doesn't work with the unmedicated psychos.
  • You can ignore it, but on social media it festers fast, so the amount of ignoring will be hard.
  • You can impose a "One strike" rule - Say something incendiary, i.e. racist slur, etc; or personal information and you go full throttle with ban, report, delete... If on Twitter, no recourse but to ban. If a blog is written, first ask for removal, then if refused, go higher up...if it means law enforcement, it means that.


Social media is about exchanging ideas and sometimes there will be disagreements. These "debates" can get heated like and Bill O'Reilly freakout. Point is, once it goes personal and there are disparaging remarks that are overall defamation of your character, then it is no longer a debate. It has now become a slug fest.

Believe it or not, this happens to women all the time on social media, such as the case of Anita Sarkeesian and her feminist studies on how women are portrayed in videogames. So when you state a strong belief or idea, and it encounters a barrage of attacks that are personal or group blocking you based on lies, know this is the standard right now on how women who use social media are treated.

Supermodels are treated similarly. Case after case. "Men" are violently bashing women, all over the world.

With the vary nature of "violence" against women changing due to technology, i.e. deranged men (opposed to normal men like my husband)  have advanced the use of technology to keep tabs on the objects of their obsession -- i.e. women to find ways to take power and control over them. If that means using the scare tactics of "drone strikes in their beds" - they will do that.

From an Afrikan Centered point of view - which is the path of the Ariafya - waning age of supremacy is causing some White males to literally become psychotic with narcissistic borderline personality disorder. Psychosis usually causes violence acts, somewhat animalistic without warning.  The placating or soothing the savage beast by the sexualized women has ended. Many Caucasian women have started to find their voice and scream, "NO!". While many women of color, stand by the sidelines counting the dead bodies of men of color at the hands of their men...

That does not mean violence is condoned. It just means the origins of how this kind of destruction is happening. Unfortunately, it will continues. Moreover, some men of color will take up the assault guns and assault women, first women of color with impunity, and then Caucasian women hoping their lynchings will not hurt.

In the end, life will go on. Women will rule this world, like it or not. The way to do it is, keep at the social media and keep saying what needs to be said.

Women can disagree on progress, but what we will all agree up on is revolutionizing the systems that have been built.

Nameste