Monday, October 4, 2010

PSEUDO SCIENCE KILLS BLACK WOMEN and Logic Fallacies

Since my business is in Mental Health and Wellness in women of African descent using social media, I am constantly receiving and reviewing the latest news on improving their lives and the legitimate claims for best practices. I want to improve cultural competencies, end the disparities in mental health with effective self-management and coaching through by websites: The Ari | af | ya Universe, Sistah Mental Health and Wellness and Get Your Mind Right Health and Wellness Coaching. I was sent this information about Black Women and Dating. I was SHOCKED because lies like these spread like wild fire, especially when they are passed off a science also called pseudo science!

Being a fully trained research scientist with a Ph.D. in molecular genetics and have worked at three medical schools, my investigation of the scientific claims of the original article: “How Your Race Affects The Messages You Get” by OkCupid http://okcupid.com/z/2v states:

“Black Women are the most ignore group on dating websites”


After scientifically evaluating this claim, I have come to the conclusion that any legitimate business presenting an article claiming a scientific fact showing “correlation matrices" to make their claims and uses profane language is NOT scientific. That goes to say to ALL Black Women:

TAKE THIS STUDY WITH A GRAIN LESS THAN SALT!!! PSEUDO SCIENCE IS UNETHICAL!!!


My business, the Isle Sanctuary Artistic Division, these days is Roleplaying (RP) where my group performs stories using social media from a diverse woman’s point of view. My business writes our stories to reflect the diversity of experiences of women of African descent in science fiction. Then, I see my African American female friends lament and fight over two ideas: No Wedding No Womb vs Sexual Injustice. I see several single Black Women heartbroken because they want to give up on meaningful companionship including sexual expression. Then I hear their cries about the real life dating scene, and as a woman who dedicated her life to science, devoid of any real social life until I had a huge a medical emergency, reading heinous blogs such as this: http://okcupid.com/z/2v

PERPETUATES STEREOTYPES BUILT ON DISTORTIONS AND DECIMATES BLACK WOMENS' SELF ESTEEMS IN AN ALREADY RACIAL-SOCIAL-IMAGERY-SEXUALLY OPPRESSED SOCIETY!!!


At this point, Black Women self esteem are tortured and that is when they visit my site. They may have already written their suicide note because they are being bombarded with heinous comments that say BLACK WOMEN ARE WORTHLESS!!! Many people have no idea that MILLIONS of Black Women present SERIOUS CLINICAL cases of depression because of ABUSE!!!

Lack of a desired relationship is not due to Black Womens' self-insufficiency or poor choices – it is because of psychosocial health injustice! If a black woman is not taught how to be self-confidence in a productive environment causing them to suffer and having a poor living while growing up, devoid of any health services or food options, then telling Black Women, “buck up” or else be “undateble” and here is the statistical proof is perpetuating a gross distortion and groupthink, which has no place in science.

So let us change that game... Since, most of my roleplaying involves the Star Wars Expanded Universe, Mr. George Lucas would AGREE with my assertions by his dating life, because HE LIVES IT and her name is Ms. Mellody Hobson!

There have been rumors and lies that have been said about me and my claims, I am fine with it. But discount my abilities is foolish. My rant is about LIES from a BUSINESSES CALLING THEMSELVES A LEGITIMATE SCIENTIFIC ENTERPRISE! If I get backlash for this blog, fine! I will be happy to present my evidence to the National Academies of Science about posting false advertisements with all the Social Media resources I can.

What are the failings of the study? What is the significance of the correlation? What are their P-values in a type 2 error? Obviously there is not enough power to make the claims they make with the correlation matrices they have. Even if they did a Pearson's Correlation Coefficient or a Mann Whitney Test or a simple Student's t-test...Fine! I might dislike the result, but it is valid we can dispute the collection of the data, but gross distortions with only averages, how is that called science? Where are the correlations? Were participants’ educational and economic levels considered and used? What metric did they use to make that decision without introducing bias? What is called “dateability” here? Does that mean getting replies in an inbox? What were the regional differences? Was their consent that their information would be completion would be shared? What about the users that could be lying? Was that information taken into account? Moreover, what about precedence? This company’s findings is not the first ever study on reply backs on dating sites...What background research is there? What are the legitimate ways to reply?

Aside with the myriads of scientific questions, when two other prominent websites broadcasting a WEAK study that uses profanity to pass off as legitimate science and no one questions it, there is a problem here, especially in American Scientific studies.

I did NOT spend a LARGE PORTION OF MY ADULT LIFE IN SCIENCE to have some idiot say that Black Women are “undateble” by STATISTICS on a blog that uses profanity… I have WAY too much education for an idiot representing a dating website company passing off false science. I would have to question its business practices! These are peoples’ most intimate lives here! Saying Black Women do not get replies, is like saying Black Women give up have a companion, or love. If that logic were true, then many of my forebears and me would not be married.

How to rectify this gross injustice: ANY UNIVERSITY and their writing department will HELP "doctor" this article... Publish it in a Psychological Social Media Sciences journal than passing it off as science blog, which is bogus! If the article cannot be in Science, then it lacks merit... Present this article publicly to legitimate African American womens' publications and community organizations. Lastly, have ALL proceeds go to improve the lives of African American teenage girl community programs

OTHERWISE, IF NOT DONE, THEN IT IS JUST LIKE THE TUSKEGEE SYPHILIS EXPERIMENT IN MY EYES!!! DO NOT REMEDY THIS DISTORTION AND YOUR BLOG IS NOTHING MORE THAN NAZI PROPAGANDA MIXED WITH ENSLAVEMENT PROMOTION!


Disagree with me and harm me for defamation? I do not care, because I know I am right on this topic... I have TRAINED for this kind of blathering idiocy and I know this study is BOGUS!

This study: http://okcupid.com/z/2v is a “CORRELATIONS DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION” logic fallacy.