Saturday, September 13, 2014

THERE IS A HUGE BIOLOGICAL BASIS FOR SUICIDE IDEATION!!!

Read a great series of Tweets of the sociological ramifications of suicide ideation among African Americans.

Black People and Suicide by GradientLair

I have been working on mental health and suicide ideation for MYSELF for over 30+ years of my life. Bipolar diagnosis. Yes, I have to take medication for that. I chose that option, because I did molecular genetic research in neurology to understand WTF is going on with me. I found my drugs, I spoke to the professionals about what was happen. I told them how to give me better treatment. I have a few therapists that actually taken it upon themselves to help me to where I've gotten better. Some where I had to get a new therapist. It's MY health, so how am I going to get better since I don't want the training?

But I hear causes to why Black people kill themselves like that's the biggest atrocity in the Universe and I get tired of hearing that. FUCK STIGMA!

Fact is, the STRONG DESIRE to want to kill one's self is bottomline a BIOLOGICAL ONE!

OUR BRAINS ARE ORGANS TOO, YOU DIDN'T KNOW THEY COULD GET SICK LIKE THAT?

JUST LIKE A HEART ATTACK, YOU WOULDN'T TALK ABOUT 'HOW BAD YOUR CHILDHOOD WAS" BEFORE YOU TREAT!!! TREAT!!! TREAT!!! THE HEART!

So why are you doing it to someone that wants to try to kill themselves? They are sick. They need help. Has judging them worked?

And yes, I know what its like to desire to commit suicide. I attempted starting at 14 years old until 19 years old and just said to myself I don't care what mental illness stigma does to me, I WANT TO LIVE.

If I wanted to live till I was 46 years old -- what I am today with a DOCTORATE in molecular genetics, then I needed to get professionally licensed care.

Biology doesn't change or differ in humans THAT much. Which means the standards of care can be met by whoever treats you. That's when the sociology and cultural competency comes into play -- AFTER ONE IS STABLE!

I've written and written and written and written some more about this. NO ONE READS IT!

NO ONE LIKE NAMI et al. ASKS ME ANYTHING!

Why do I continue?

For the next little Black girl who thinks suicide is a good thing... If this message gets to you, and you're feeling down,

1) Go to Metanoia and read it.

2) Call 911 or 1-800-273-TALK -- I don't care, just do it!

3) And once you're stable, it's YOUR HEALTH and FUCK STIGMA!

4) Let's start working on how to get you better. Usually it takes a couple of courses to even understand. Then it takes you doing a few mood trackers. I've used this one for free, there are others.
You can do pencil and paper. And show your providers.

5) If it is environmental...Like you live in a place that drives you crazy, just do a blog series of how much you hate it. Get it out of you. Don't let bad tapes/CDs/playlists fester inside your head. Get it out. Physical fitness with light weight training is really good for that and remember to hydrate.

That's all I'm going to give for now. But visit me on Facebook.